Very rarely does a recipe blow me away. Yes, a lot of dinners are delicious, but finding one that is TO DIE FOR is the best. Insert: Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Spaghetti Squash. A new staple that I will be making regularly. Gluten free, dairy free, vegetable loaded, protein included, simple, blasting with flavor… do you get the point yet? You need to make this TONIGHT.
A few dietary substitutes that I made so that this recipe was dairy free are listed out here:
Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Keto, Paleo, Vegan, Vegetarian, Low Sugar, Whole30
They make this “everything free” buffalo sauce in a mild and spicy. I did half medium and half spicy and my mouth was on fire. Beware spicy haters. The spicy is spicy.
How simple is this recipe?
- Roast the spaghetti squash.
- Cook the chicken.
- Mix it all together.
- Dig in.
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Spaghetti Squash: A Quick & Easy Dinner
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 3 ribs of celery
- 2 green onions
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 – 1 cup buffalo sauce
- ranch dressing – for drizzling on top
- cheese – regular, vegan, blue, cheddar
Roast the Squash
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Stand squash up on end and slice in half.
- Scoop seeds and stringy guts into the compost.
- Lightly brush with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place face down on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes (until squash is tender).
- Start the chicken while squash is roasting.
- Once squash is roasted, fork/shred out the guts into a large mixing bowl. Keep the shells (we are going to use them).
Cook the chicken.
You can cook the chicken any which way, but I like to throw them in the instant pot.
- Insert rack into the pot. Pour 1 cup of broth (or water) into the bowl.
- Place the chicken on the rack and pressure cook for 17 minutes.
- Once complete, put chicken on a cutting board and pull apart with a fork.
Combine it all together.
- Place squash shreds, chicken, celery, onion, red bell pepper and buffalo sauce into a bowl and toss.
- Put mixture into the shells. Top with cheese (if desired) and put back into the oven for 10-15 minutes.
Pro Tip: Adding a drizzle of ranch (We used Chef Hak’s Vegan Ranch. It tastes exactly like regular ranch.) is just divine.