Roast the Squash
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Stand squash up on end and slice in half.
- Scoop seeds and stringy guts into the compost.
- Lightly brush with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place face down on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes (until squash is tender).
- Start the chicken while squash is roasting.
- Once squash is roasted, fork/shred out the guts into a large mixing bowl. Keep the shells (we are going to use them).
Cook the chicken.
You can cook the chicken any which way, but I like to throw them in the instant pot.
- Insert rack into the pot. Pour 1 cup of broth (or water) into the bowl.
- Place the chicken on the rack and pressure cook for 17 minutes.
- Once complete, put chicken on a cutting board and pull apart with a fork.
Combine it all together.
- Place squash shreds, chicken, celery, onion, red bell pepper and buffalo sauce into a bowl and toss.
- Put mixture into the shells. Top with cheese (if desired) and put back into the oven for 10-15 minutes.